It’s important to know your rights when you’ve been in an accident and file a claim with your insurance company.
- You have the right to choose where to get your vehicle repaired.
- The decision to get your vehicle repaired is entirely your call, and it is illegal for insurance representatives to influence you to take your vehicle to a specific location.
- You have the right to have your vehicle restored to pre-accident condition.
- Your insurance company is responsible for all costs necessary to return your vehicle to the condition it was in before it was damaged.
- You have the right to have your vehicle repaired with original equipment parts.
- Your insurer is required to pay for parts of equal value to those being replaced and may not force you to accept aftermarket products (parts that were not created by your vehicle manufacturer).
- We encourage you to discuss the right repair plan for your vehicle with the collision repair service of your choice.
Those of us in the collision repair business are experts in advising you on the necessary parts, materials and repair procedures for your vehicle. By discussing this information with us, you will obtain the knowledge to make sure you receive the quality service from your insurance company that you are legally entitled to.